Securing, Building, and Defending Your Competitive Advantage
The Torrey Pines Law Group team understands that helping our clients achieve their business goals is the ultimate form of success. At the beginning of every representation, our attorneys, paralegals, scientists, and engineers strive to clearly understand the business goals of each client, and then work in a cost-efficient manner to help those clients meet its goals.
We have deep experience with drafting, negotiating, and closing business transactions, including investment funding, commercial, corporate, and myriad other contract matters that affect your bottom line.
Below are just a few of the client successes achieved with the help of TPLG attorneys:
- Helped company founders with identifying and obtaining private funding for biotech, pharmaceutical, and medical device startups.
- Led team of IP, corporate, and tax attorneys in nine-figure acquisition of pharmaceutical manufacturer for Fortune 500® company.
- Created legal strategy for Fortune 500® generic pharmaceutical manufacturer to avoid significant liabilities under license of API procurement process.
- Conducted pharmaceutical product clearance and due diligence for Fortune 500® ANDA applicant.
- Prepared and prosecuted patents throughout the world related to biotechnology, pharmaceutical, medical device, convergence technologies, physical and materials sciences, electronics, software, and agriculture biotechnology.
- Prepared patent applications related to breast cancer detection, co-therapy optimization, complex algorithms, machine learning, immune response modulation, and PCR systems and methods.
- Filed international trademark applications related to medical, food beverage, restaurant group, artistic, and other innovative company branding.
- Filed copyright registrations for textual works, and subsequently filed federal copyright infringement actions against license violators.
- Protected trade secrets and know-how through licenses and other forms of value-created and securitized transactions.